Translate

Friday 23 October 2009

Don Lane - Self Titled


Sing/And I Love You So/Good Time Charley's Got The Blues/Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree/Ain't No Sunshine/Clair/Keep On Singing/Flim Flam Man/Song Sung Blue/Daisy A Day/Help Me Make It Through The Night/A Song For You


Legendary television presenter Don Lane has died in Sydney at the age of 75. American-born Lane became a household name in Australia through The Don Lane Show . Lane was originally hired to fill in at Channel Nine for six weeks. He went on to become one of the country's most popular stars and at one time was the highest paid person on Australian television.I thought I should post this album in memorium as I have some great memories of watching Don throught the 9 years that his show ran.
Although not thought of as a great singer this album has some merit the songs on the album suit his vocals, another album I hadn't listened to until I ripped it and I liked it . Don recorded a number of albums and singles the best known being "You're Everything" released in 1969.

No comments:

Post a Comment