Translate

Friday 5 June 2009

La De Das - Gonna See My Baby Tonight



Gonna See My Baby Tonight/Fare TheeWell 

The La De Das were a leading New Zealand rock band of the 1960s and early 1970s. Formed in New Zealand in 1963 (as The Mergers), they enjoyed considerable local success in this period in both countries until their split in 1975. The band is probably best known as the launching place for the career of guitarist Kevin Borich, and for their recording of one of the first concept albums to be recorded in Australia, The Happy Prince in 1968.
"Gonna See My Baby Tonight" was released in 1971 and became their highest placed single #12 nationally. The great thing about this single is the B-side "Fare The Well " can't recommend it too highly a mainly acoustic piece just ambles along but I love it. Phil Keys co-wrote this and it's just magic. http://www.milesago.com/artists/ladedas.htm
All files are in Wave Format
You can download the single here

2 comments:

  1. Great post mate, Kevin Borich is one of my favorite guitarists.

    Keep up the great work

    Newrace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - you have some very good albums and singles - that you are sharing. Many thanks for the share. I hope others appreciate the work you are putting and appreciate you're goodwill too. Many thanks - Michael
    Not that computer literate - but does me best...

    ReplyDelete